When planning a trip with a large group, two decisions tend to outweigh all others:
- Where to go?
- Where to stay?
Fear not – you don’t need to spend long worrying about these big decisions. The first question is simple enough. Where to go? Mexico, of course! Mexico tourism is increasing year on year but it’s a big country with a lot of top destinations. A top pick for large groups of family and friends will always be Puerto Vallarta: a beautiful colonial town with a life of it’s own that has tons of activities to keep the whole group busy. Puerto Vallarta is currently Mexico’s number 3 travel destination, but where number 1 (Playa del Carmen) and number 2 (Los Cabos) are known for being party places, Puerto Vallarta offers a more balanced approach that makes it perfect for diverse groups of travellers.
So, now you know where you and your loved ones will be going, you need to decide on accommodation. Here we have the age-old vacation debate: hotel vs. rental. So let’s have a look at what’s on offer, shall we?
Staying in a Hotel
Like any Mexico travel destination worth it’s salt (and shot of tequila), Puerto Vallarta has a variety of hotels and resorts to choose from. No matter which hotel you choose, guests can expect the famous 5* Mexican service and luxury amenities that welcome large groups and families.
- 5* service from dedicated hotel staff
- All-inclusive options
- Ability to book multiple rooms for large parties
- Specialized amenities such as children’s pools for families
- Well-maintained hotel beaches
- Lack of living space that is often needed with larger groups and families
- Meal times are restricted to hotel schedule
- Booking multiple rooms can become costly
- It can become difficult for large groups to stick together. Whether at the pool or in a hotel restaurant, special seating arrangements often have to be made
- Getting a spot on the beach can be difficult
- Large groups sometimes feel that they are putting pressure on wait-staff that must split their time between the party and other guests
While hotels do offer a lovely level of luxury and relaxation, for large groups and families staying in a hotel can sometimes become a stressful and bothersome situation. It’s true that large groups can put a strain on service. However travelling should be a carefree experience with your closest family and friends without having to worry about the hotel being unable to accommodate your needs as a group.
Renting a Luxury Villa
Vacation rentals are becoming more and more popular as an accommodation choice. Especially for larger groups and families. A rental villa can afford your group a level of privacy and luxury that a hotel simply can not. Many luxury villa rentals are so well organized and equipped to deal with groups that a stay in a rental can feel like having your own personal boutique hotel.
- Rental villas offer a level of privacy that hotels can not
- Your group is free to roam the space as they please, without worrying about other guests
- The total cost of a rental villa can be much less than booking multiple rooms in a hotel
- Beach-front villas offer a little slice of sun, sea and sand just for you and your guests
- Amenities often include outdoor bars and BBQs, pools, games rooms and much more
- Private staff are ready to attend to the needs of your group
- Private Chefs can concoct something that everyone will enjoy at a time that suits you
- There’s no need to stress when a little one gets tired or a moody teenager needs time alone – you and your guests are free to be yourselves, relax and make the most of the paradise that is Puerto Vallarta
- Many travellers enjoy getting to know other guests, and the opportunity for this is limited in a rental villa
- Luxury villa rentals are often in high demand and so forward planning is essential
- Sometimes a rental car or other transport needs to be organized so that your group can travel around Puerto Vallarta more easily
- While many rental villas are prepared for a variety of guests, it may be necessary to confirm that your rental has the necessary arrangements in place for any special assistance or needs that you may have
Staying in a luxury villa rental can give you the perfect place to call ‘home’ for the duration of your stay. Your group can go at it’s own pace, with everyone being free to explore or relax as the mood takes them. It is important to research a villa rental thoroughly before you book, as services, amenities and quality can differ quite a lot. However, in a well-developed destination such as Puerto Vallarta, there is sure to be a villa rental that is perfect for you and your group.
So, back to the two burning questions! Where to go? Puerto Vallarta! Where to stay? This one is up to you, but a villa rental will give you and your group a private piece of paradise to call home that a hotel just can’t offer.