Sterling silver is one of the shiniest and the brightest of the precious metals, and it’s also the most affordable. Even though it’s been around for thousands of years, only recently has silver jewellery heightened its popularity. This is partly due to designers showing their silver pieces more at fashion week, but it’s largely due to the economy and the fact that silver jewellery complements almost any outfit. If you’re thinking of buying silver jewellery as a gift, remember these reasons to opt for silver instead:
- It’s affordable.– The price of gold has skyrocketed so many jewellery designers are wary of creating jewellery pieces that may not sell once the holiday rush is over. However, silver has also gone up, just enough to be deemed as valuable, but still affordable to give friends and family for gifts.
- It’s hypoallergenic. – Sterling silver contains at least 92.5% pure silver and is even marked with a “925” stamp. Other designer jewellery even contain Britannia silver, which is 95% pure silver. If the gift recipient has a metal allergy, avoid getting jewellery with a nickel alloy and look for pieces with a palladium alloy.
- Silver has surprising health benefits.– Studies show that silver aids in fighting infection, preventing cold and flu, and even helping with headaches. Its natural properties assist with circulation and regulating your body temperature.
- It complements most apparel and skin types.– While yellow gold may make some skin tones look jaundice, sterling silver complements most skin types. Sterling silver jewellery works at various functions from a simple Sterling silver necklace at work to a decorative silver bracelet and a chunky silver pendant for a night out. While silver looks beautiful against most colours, it looks stunning against cool colours like purple or black.
- Sterling silver is light and durable, which means you can wear silver jewellery for hours at a time and still feel as comfortable as the minute you put them on. Since they are durable, they aren’t easily damaged.
- Silver looks pretty by itself or combined with precious gemstonesif you want a pop of colour or sparkle. Rubies, emeralds, sapphires, or diamonds shine beautifully with Sterling silver, especially in bracelets or necklaces.
- Sterling silver jewellery styles and options are limitless.From sterling silver pendants and necklaces to silver earrings and bangles, you’re sure to find some jewellery for the special person in your life. Silver bracelets make the perfect gift for all, and you’ll be able to choose from simple silver charm bracelets to sterling silver bracelets combined with pearls and gemstones.
Silver jewellery has become such a popular option to give to not only your significant other but family members, including your children. This is because it’s so affordable that you won’t break the bank just to purchase one at the jewellery store, and you can feel confident that the gift recipient will wear it often.